Friday, September 23, 2011

Process : The Corn Field


When I first started thinking about wanting to get back into a creative swing, video immediately came to mind. Because I'm still new here in Germany, choreographing in a more traditional way - i.e. for the stage and with a group of dancers - seems currently impossible. And, truthfully, becoming part of the dance scene here doesn't seem to interest me right now. I feel through video that I can get my choreographic juices flowing again without the constraints money for dancers, studio space and a stage. My strategy is to explore the seven names of God as part devotion and as part workshop - learning how to shoot and edit video. My tools are meager indeed: I have one aging, out of shape dancer, a four year old Mac with a refurbished screen and an Olympus digital camera which shoots HD video. The following short study is my first prayer walk. I was exploring Jehovah Jireh - God my provider. 

- Alicia Laumann

1 comment:

  1. I like that -- especially the piano part.
    If you look closely you might find some huitlacochi and we can make some real Aztec tacos.

    ReplyDelete