Tuesday, May 1, 2012

PROCESS: Equilbrium in Three States: Applied, Frictional, Normal



My most recent video study exploring the seven redemptive names of God. Shot it in an abandoned warehouse in Leipzig, Germany in just two hours - all the movement is improvised using an open score (meaning, I didn't give myself any directives to help guide me).  In fact, in the last shot my head is cut off a bit...but I had to catch my train home.

:Jehovah-Tsidkenu




I knew early on that I wanted to approach this name of God differently than the rest.  This one felt more personal to me. For many, many years I have felt a sort of chronic unhealthiness in my understanding of being "seated" in Christ.   A great deal of the way I come to God, indeed the entire way I do life, is through self-effort.  If I love Him, I want Him to be pleased with me.  Always.

The work takes a journey in three stages: the way I feel when I'm not resting in Him, the point of realization of my self-effort and lack of trust in Him and the way I feel when I'm resting in Him.


- Alicia Laumann

No comments:

Post a Comment