Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Process : Tree Bark




" There are no forms in nature, inthe wild state, as it is our gaze that creates these, by cutting them out of the depth of the visible."

I'm not convinced of this.  I feel that my role is to cut out what is present in the visible, but the forms are already in existence, they are created forms and God is very aware of them.  I am bringing my eye into the process, but it is a process of stewardship, to see the forms that are already there. 
 
This recent pattern drawing was completed over five days in the woods of Karlsruhe.  It was cold. Each day involved a two-kilometer walk to the remote site and each day after two hours, I couldn't feel my hands or toes.

1 comment:

  1. dude! you need a pair of snow mobile boots -- as far as fingers i never found a solution but dont take chances -- i paid for years for frostbitten fingers...

    ReplyDelete