Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Dove : Complete
































The Dove
Wall Painting, Acrylic
72" x 96"

This painting took longer than expected, but the process was an interesting one. Documenting the piece as it progressed allowed me to evaluate the changing effect it had on me and those who viewed it in progress.  Because the subject was my 6-year old daughter, it became a surprisingly personal, almost meditative experience for me.  The finished painting complements the current direction I'm taking with my site-specific and printmaking work and is a step towards producing larger and more comprehensive wall installations.







2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. I hope to see it in person . . . maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm holding you to that...

    ReplyDelete